LATEST NEWS FROM INDUSTRY
The TRACE32 debuggers from Lauterbach, the manufacturer of microprocessor development tools, now support the new ARM Cortex-A5 processor.
The Cortex-A5 micro architecture is delivered within either a single core processor or a scalable multicore processor, the Cortex-A5 MPCoreTM, which consists of up to four Cortex-A5 cores in a cluster. They are designed for applications that demand high performance and lower power consumption.
The Cortex-A5 Embedded Trace MacrocellTM (ETM) provides non-intrusive program-flow trace capabilities for either of the Cortex-A5 processors for full visibility into the processor's instruction flow and enabling profiling analysis.
Qt 4.6.0 Released
Nokia today released Qt 4.6, the latest version of the cross-platform application and UI framework. Featuring new platform support, powerful new graphical capabilities and support for multi-touch and gestures, Qt 4.6 makes developing advanced applications and devices easier and more enjoyable.
- Add support for Symbian platform.
- Can be installed on Windows 7, Apple Mac OS 10.6 also.
- Community support for real-time operating systems QNX and VxWorks.
New LPC1340 series microcontrollers with full-speed USB 2.0 device connectivity enabled by on-chip USB drivers certified by USB-IF, making them the easiest to use USB MCUs in the industry are announced. The LPC1340 is supported by VDE IEC 60335 Class B test libraries to support customers in the Class B certification process.
Virtual box 3.0 is released
This new release has support of SMP. It can support virtual SMP systems with up to 32 virtual
CPUs (vCPUs) in a single virtual machine.
New server features of VirtualBox 3.0 software include:
* Up to 32 vCPUs per guest to accommodate heavyweight data-processing workloads.
* Hypervisor enhancements for SMP to enable optimum performance.
* Updated API platform designed to be the basis of the community-driven VirtualBox Web Console project, which is coming soon to allow IT administrators to manage their datacenters from a Web console. This project is based on the popular Python language.
New desktop features of VirtualBox 3.0 software include:
* Microsoft Direct3D support for Windows guests, which enables graphically intensive Windows applications, like computer modeling, 3D design and games software, to run in a virtual environment.
* Support for version 2.0 of the Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) standard. As a result, high-performance Windows, Linux, Solaris, and OpenSolaris graphical applications, which typically use graphical hardware acceleration, are able to run applications like Google Earth and CAM-based software on VirtualBox software.
* Support for a wider range of USB devices, including storage devices, iPods and phones.
FreeRTOS v6.0.0 including MPU support for Cortex-M3
FreeRTOS v6.0.0 is released and it is with support for MPU for Cortex-M3. Using a Memory Protection Unit can protect applications from a number of potential errors, ranging from undetected programming errors to errors introduced by system or hardware failures.
Logos and brand names used in this site are belonging to their respected owners. We have used them here only for the purpose of information. Enable Active X control from internet options of internet explorer to view all element of this site.
Best viewed in 1024x768 pixels
because information matters Tutorials | Infoletters | News | Search
The USB 2.0 device controller is fully certified and supports all 4 transfer types including isochronous transfer which is a key requirement for USB-based audio applications. Double buffering is supported on both isochronous and bulk end-points. The on-chip USB drivers support both the Mass Storage Class (MSC) and Human Interface Device (HID) class. Furthermore, these drivers are incorporated in ROM, saving customers approximately 5-6 K bytes of user code. ROM-based firmware drivers offer the dual advantage of low power operation as well as secure and safe bootloading via USB or other on-chip serial channels. The LPC1340 series is enumerated and recognized by any Windows® or Linux® PC as a mass storage device. Flash programming is enabled by a simple drag-and-drop action.
In addition, NXP will offer an easy-to-use, comprehensive development tool platform for under US $30.
Parts are available now from NXP distributors worldwide with recommended distribution pricing in 10,000 quantities starting at US $1.49.
SYSGO announce BSP for Freescale i.MX25 Platform Development Kit
sysgo is distributing ELinOS. Which is the embedded linux distribution. Recently they just announce availability of board support package for Freescale i.MX25 Platform Development Kit. The SYSGO’s board support package features multimedia, high speed, low power consumption, and the ELinOS professional grade Linux for the rapid development of demanding high reliability applications. ELinOS 5.0 with support for the Freescale i.MX25 processors is available now. ELinOS 5.0 is available for Linux and Windows hosted platforms.
Wind River VxWorks 6.8 Real-time Operating System
With this release VxWorks 6.8 Expands Multicore Processor Support to Include the Latest Processors from ARM, Cavium, Freescale, Intel, and RMI. VxWorks is a proven, high-performance, reliable, commercial-grade real-time operating system addressing the diverse needs of embedded systems. VxWorks 6.8 provides product differentiation via increased performance, a smaller footprint and hardware platform flexibility. Wind River’s newest version of VxWorks also provides choice in multicore architecture allowing customers to select the right solution for their needs. Improved OS primitives, USB support and file system performance with VxWorks 6.8 provide customers with increased product quality, more compatibility and improved product performance.
New Features of VxWorks 6.8
* A standards-compliant solution and comprehensive mobile IP support to provide devices with next-generation networking capabilities for 4G and pre-4G including LTE and WiMAX technologies
* Increased multicore processor support for Intel Core i7 processor, ARM MPCore and Cortex A9; Freescale QorIQ P2020; Cavium 54xx, 55xx, 56xx, 57xx, 58xx; and RMI XLR, XLS allowing customers to choose the processor that best fits their needs
* Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) performance improvements and SMP core reservation
* Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) enhancements such as AMP spin locks, and a major upgrade to Wind River’s multi-OS inter-process communication with MIPC version 2.0, raising the bar for multicore capabilities with even higher performance thresholds
* New small ARM footprint profile for creating embedded applications with very small memory requirements
* Significant developer tool productivity improvements, including VxWorks core dump file and analysis, and improvements to multicore and multi-OS debugging and user workflows
The NXP PNX847x/8x/9x also features an advanced Imagination Technologies POWERVR 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) to render advanced programming navigation user interfaces, games and other 3D content. The POWERVR GPU provides a mature and proven OpenGL 2.0 compliant 3D HW platform that is supported by an extensive eco-system of tools, software and 3D content developers.
NXP introduces highly integrated SoC family, PNX847x/8x/9x, enabling HD DVRs and STB platforms in global satellite, cable and IPTV networks. The PNX847X/8x/9x family features power efficiency, 3D GPU and online networked content decoding.
Using an innovative power management architecture specifically designed to maximize energy efficiency, the PNX847x/8x/9x SoC family facilitates STB compliance with the latest EnergyStar and EC Code of Conduct regulations. With a dedicated on-chip microcontroller resource to coordinate power management for the entire system, the NXP PNX847x/8x/9x family delivers the flexibility to enable opportunistic use-case based power optimization as well as ultra-low power stand-by operation to implement less than one watt STB complete system level standby power modes.